Thursday, July 26, 2012

My own bed

The male parental has finally caught all of our germs.
He looks like shit.
He crashed this afternoon and looks like a bedraggled stray dog.
He is crying out for some sympathy but none is forthcoming.
With two very sick kids in the house, his being sick is only an added irritation.
What a sad sack, I saw him taking his own temperature and trying to let everyone know just how high it was.
Best of all, when he is sick he has to sleep on the sofa, so he doesn't keep us all awake with his hacking cough, or infect any more of us.
Even better, I get to sleep on his side of the bed.
A big warm cosy bed, with a whole side to myself and cuddles from the other side whenever I want them.
And him, all by himself on the couch in the cold living room being woken every few minutes by the cat.

They deserve each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment