How, and why, in the hell did I end up with hippy parents.
The local supermarket shelves are filled with a vast assortment of all kids of delicious baby foods in glass jars.
These are seriously tasty meals.
I know adults who would arm wrestle babies for a taste.
They have tasty seasonings and salt and herbs and spices.
Everything my little heart could desire.
Except that is as close as I get. Desire.
Some smart arse gave the parentals a home baby food making kit as a gift.
All it is is a recipe book and several fancy looking ice trays.
Someone is making a killing in China with this one.
So now the female parental cooks all this wholesome and nutritious food.
Things like Butternut, and carrot, and sweet potato.
Fantastic if you are the Dalli Llama.
Not so fantastic if you are watching your siblings eat hamburgers.
Who gives crap like that to a new baby?
A couple of ice trays and instructions on how to cook.
All the recipes obviously say the same thing.
"Add water. Boil. Do not add salt. Do not add spices. Do not add seasoning. Do not mix flavours or ingredients. No, not even a hint of stock. Just boil. Then drain and blend into a textureless and tasteless mass. Then freeze into little bricks"
One day I am going to find out just who gave it to us as a gift. Then I am going to tie them to the front of the male parentals car and drive around like that for a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment